Friday, June 27, 2014

Color Inspiration - Emerald Green, Gold and Blush

Since beginning my career in events ten years ago - I've often become enamored (a nicer way of saying obsessed) with different color schemes.  First it was black, champagne and deep red, then it was aubergine accented with spring green and ivory flowers - finally when it was time for my wedding, shades of grey with bright pinks, purples and orange.  I LOVE color and I love combining colors into the perfect palate for each of my clients (I consider neutrals color too, where would we be without black, white and metallics?!).

In my last blog, I introduced a "color" scheme of mixed metals, mixing different metallic shades, silvers, golds and champagne.  For this blog - I'm going to hopefully offer some inspiration and introduce what I believe to be the next big color trend.

Emerald Green was Pantone's Color of the Year 2013 - I know it's a year later, but hey, it takes time for the industry to produce dresses, linens, and accessories in the color of the year and most often brides are planning their weddings and often their color schemes a year or more in advance.

Most recently brides have been loving blush, blush bridesmaid dress, blush flowers with navy dresses, while I LOVE this color scheme, using green rather than navy is a small change that feels very fresh.



Now picture these dresses paired with beautiful blush toned flowers.  









If traditional Emerald Green isn't your thing - blush and gold tones would go great with these shades of "green" as well.  I have to admit that I am completely obsessed with the color on the top left from Amsale and I'm a redhead who usually avoids all shades of green :-)




Keep in mind if you can't commit to green bridesmaid dresses (or if you aren't having bridesmaids) - you could opt for neutral dresses and bring in emerald green as an accent in your accessories, linens, napkins, etc.  

Next up.... Color Inspiration - Sunset Tones

No comments:

Post a Comment